We were watching something on tv and Simeon said something about the "girl with disco hair". I cracked up because he was talking about a girl with an afro! Man, where does he come up with these things??!! How does he even know what disco is??!!
Matt gave Sim a cheap leatherman to sleep with. (Are we good parents or what?!) Here's why.....I was watching a new show called "Grimm". If you've never seen it, it has some pretty creepy characters. I was in my room watching and the kids were supposed to be in bed. Simeon came in and I paused my show, but not before the scene changed to a very creepy monster guy with his sharp-toothed mouth agape in a roar and his sharp-clawed hands raised to strike. I was at a loss as to what to do because I didn't want to unpause.....who knew what was to come next?! It might be worse. We told him to go to bed, but not before he came over and looked at the screen. Poor guy! He immediately turned and went to bed, but he was soon in our room again......scared out of his wits. Great. He was asking about bad guys and what to do if they came. We assured him that no bad guys were gonna come in our house. (Which probably isn't very comforting because there was a stoned guy that walked into the house once when the kids were home alone----that's a story for another time.) So, Matt gave him a cheap leatherman to take to bed with him, so he can defend himself when the bad guys come. Poor little man!
I cleaned the family room (finally!!) and the kids came home from school and were amazed!! Here's how the conversation went:
Kids: Oh! Wow! It's so clean! You can actually see the floor!
Me: I know it's amazing. It feels good to have a clean area, doesn't it?! Let's keep it that way, ok?
Brooklyn: I know! We should have a new rule that when you get something out, you put it away when you're done.
Me: That's always been the rule, Brooklyn!
Brooklyn: REALLY??!!!
Ummm...where have you been the past 11 years, Brookie, when I lectured and lectured about picking up after yourself????!!!
I'm glad to know that my life lessons are sinking in.









0 comments:
Post a Comment