Erin told me we should have one, so here it is. We will give it a try and see how it goes.
Matt is driving truck for Swift. He is usually gone all week and home on the weekends. It is pretty tough, but we decided he needed to get a year under his belt before he moves on. It kills him to leave on Mondays, with Simeon crying in the driveway.
Simeon is his daddy's boy. He loves his daddy. Sometimes we wake up to Simeon saying, "Dada, Dada" in the mornings. Matt loves it. Simeon is totally into power equipment. He will get totally sidetracked by trucks, lawnmowers, weed-eaters, powerwashers, saws, etc. He says a few words now. "Mama", "Dada", "all gone", "ball"for ball and balloon, occasionally "down", "dodah"(we still don't know what that means), a sort of meow sound for cat, a growl for any kind of motor vehicle or animal, "wow", and the ever present "uh-uh-uh" with pointing for anything else. He loves to dance and play with his sisters. We are having so much fun with him!
Genesis continues to excel at reading and writing. She is constantly reading or writing stories, and illustrating them as well. All of her art is very detailed. Her imagination and abilities in that area amaze us. She is very helpful with the other kids, yet likes to tease just like her father. We need to get her in some kind of sports activity. She is strong and talented in that area. Matt is never home to help her improve and I am not great at sports. She still loves ballet and wants to take a class in that also. We are so proud of her. She is growing and maturing way too fast. Genesis will be in 4th grade this fall.
Brooklyn is still very sweet and loves to give hugs. She is enjoying reading more and likes to help Glory learn her letters. When it is her turn to pray, she usually asks for Glory to be blessed when she goes to school that she will be able to learn her letters well. Her prayers are very thoughtful. She likes to help, yet gets very distracted by anything. Brooklyn is very curious about what everything is and what it does. It is great at times, but not the times it takes her 30 minutes to bring you something from the other room. She is a joy. Her nickname is "Cookie" and Matt calls her little beauty marks or moles her "chocolate chips". She absolutely loves it. Brooklyn will be in the 2nd grade this fall.
Glory is still strong willed and very opinionated. She has to come up with the idea for her to like it. If it is my idea, it's not a good one. She is very self-motivated, which is absolutely wonderful unless she doesn't think what I want her to do is a great idea. It has been a struggle, but we are making it and she is a joy also. She loves her little brother so much and is such a great "mother" to him. They love to play. I think he will miss her when she goes to school. She is learning how to write her name. I was a little worried because she would not even let me sing the ABC song until just recently. Every time I tried to help her learn the alphabet she would tell me to stop or that the game we were playing was boring. It was just like potty-training. She was into it until she realized I wanted her to do it. I am a little concerned about teenage years. She already talks about being a mother and knows how many children she wants. She loves babies. Glory is going to kindergarten in the fall. She is very excited.
I am totally exhausted. I babysit 4 days of the week, and I am the 2nd counselor in the primary. I am so ready for school to start just so i don't have to take all the kids with me to the grocery store. I seem to have a never ending pile of dishes in the sink and laundry in the family room. That just means I am spending time with my kids, right? It seems life is continual chaos. I don't know how mothers of more than 4 can do it! You are amazing!
Wow, I didn't know I had so much to say.
I Do Now
4 days ago





2 comments:
Welcome to the blog jungle! I love the pictures of your kids. Cute. See you Saturday. We can't wait.
I love to hear you write. I'm not sure if it's that I can read about someone else's struggles and successes or if it's your writing style. Welcome to the world of words (and pictures - hopefully lots of pictures). :o) I love you!!
Post a Comment