Tuesday, September 28, 2010

happy b-day/lost and found





Happy Birthday to Brooklyn! She is 10! How did that happen?? She had a friend over to spend the night a few weekends ago and then on Saturday(the 25th) Matt and the kids went to the Puyallup Fair. I was horribly sick for several days, so I wasn't able to go. Matt bravely took all four munchkins to the fair......by himself! What a brave man!! They got up early to beat the rush and they made a lunch, packed the stroller and water and they were off!! I was peacefully enjoying my rest when I got a phone call several hours later.




Matt: "We lost Glory."


Deb: "What??!!"


M: "Simeon had to go potty, so I took him and when we came out, the girls told me they couldn't find Glory. She just walked off!"


D: "Ok."


M: "What should I do???? I don't even know what she's wearing!"




I was surprisingly calm and so was Matt!! He freaked out a little bit and when he was reporting to the police, got all kinds of info wrong, but she was safely found. Actually, after reporting to the police and feeling like an awful dad, Matt went back to the spot they last saw her and they were going to search. All of a sudden, Glory walks calmly toward them, like she's just enjoying a day at the fair. Of course when the girls ran up to her and started giving her hugs, she lost it. She had said a prayer when she realized she was lost. They immediately left with Glory holding onto the stroller with Matt's hand on top and Simeon buckled in the stroller, Brooklyn holding onto the other side of the stroller and Genesis holding Brooklyn's hand. Luckily they had already done all they had planned to do. Matt told me he's never going to the fair again by himself with all four kids. I don't see why. :0) What a crazy experience! It gladdened my heart that she had the peace of mind and the knowledge to say a prayer! How blessed we are! That evening at dinner, during "Best and Worst", everyone said their worst part of the day was when Glory got lost at the fair (even Simeon).


1 comments:

Erin said...

Oh, gosh! talk about a little scary. I don't think I could have held it together. I guess that's where faith comes in. Good little Glory knowing to pray. Good mommy and daddy for teaching her. love you guys.