Yesterday was Genesis' birthday. She is now 12! Yes, I know. Weird! This was her party year and I think it's safe to say, she had fun. She invited her 3 best friends over. They had tons of sugary treats and played Just Dance (Wii game). My friend Gwen came over and taught the girls how to do their hair and makeup. (This is the age Genesis gets to start wearing makeup. One item is added each year from now on. She chose eyeshadow this year.) She is growing up too fast and I'm not nearly old enough to have a 12 year old!! I think she is excited to be 12 and to start a new stage in life. Me......not so much. I get a bit of an anxiety attack when I think about her growing up in this world of too much sex, drugs, and rock 'n' roll. :0) But seriously, I do kinda freak out a little in my head when I think of her liking boys and going to the mall by herself and being alone out in the world unprotected. There are too many things out there to harm my baby. Being in the Young Women's program at church has given me a perspective on things that I didn't have before. The youth today have way too much to deal with! But, I digress. I'm not posting this to rant and rave about the horrible state of the world. My baby had a birthday and I wanted to wish her a Happy Birthday! She has grown into a beautiful and responsible young lady. She loves her siblings and her parents (even tho we drive her crazy sometimes). She likes to have fun and tease, and she still has a strong desire to do right. Her love of reading has not diminished and for that I am grateful. She constantly has an open book by her side and we like to share good books we have read. I can't imagine my life without her and am grateful and so very blessed to be her mother! Happy Birthday, Genesis!!
I Do Now
4 days ago





3 comments:
12? what the heck? how does that even happen? I guess it has to. :) Happy Birthday Genesis! We love you
12. Amazing! Happy Birthday G! Can't believe one of us has a young woman! Lets get our families together one of these days soon...
Happy Birthday Genesis!!
Post a Comment