Glory has interesting prayers....she says stuff like "have fun in heaven". Not really sure what she means by that. Anyway, it seems to me that there's not a lot of thought that goes into her prayers. I was wrong! She was saying the lunch prayer yesterday after she got home from school. I heard "help Nathan to stop crying and to feel better". Nathan is a boy in her class. After the prayer she said he was crying on the bus and she said a prayer for him to be better and it worked, but then when he got off the bus, he started crying again. So she was concerned enough about her little friend that she wanted to pray again for him to feel better. How sweet is that???!!! Obviously she puts thought into her prayers when she has them......I wonder what "have fun in heaven" means??? It is times like these when the simplicity of the gospel is revealed again and I'm reminded of the truth and of my Heavenly Father's love. Is that why we have children?? So we can be reminded of those truths and witness His love over and over, through the meekness and simplicity of our children? We truly teach each other as families. I learn so much from my kids and they bear testimony to me more often than I do to them. I have realized lately how prideful I am. How much I have been so concerned with things that don't really matter in the long run. I have been sufficiently (I hope) humbled! If only I can remember these lessons, so they don't have to be repeated. Sometimes they are painful. :0)
Jane 23
5 months ago





2 comments:
cute baby girl. I think that is why we have children. I love fall too
Children CAN teach parents quite a bit....but "someone" had to help Glory understand at an early age that Heavenly Father hears and answers prayers. Sounds like she doesn't question that at all. "Someone" was and is there for those four precious children....and for that I am very grateful.....
Post a Comment