Monday, December 21, 2009

merry christmas???

My last post was all about what Christmas IS to me. Now lets post what Christmas is NOT!!!
flood cleanup
no electricity
insurance adjusters
smelly musty houses
packing boxes
paying $40 for a real tree that wasn't used
undecorating the tree
living out of suitcases
wet presents
driving every day to retrieve things needed but forgotten
driving 3x a day to the school
emotional stress
crying kids
wanting to go home!!
I am sure there is more, but we'll leave the list at that.
MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone!! I hope your holidays are going better than ours!!

3 comments:

Christy said...

Hang in there Debbie! If it helps, we paid more than $40 for our real tree that wasn't used. OUCH!

Darn, I didn't even think about the presents getting wet. Yuck! Did they get ruined? I hope not. Let us know if you need anything!!!

I am hoping you get yourself a brand new house. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Cynthia said...

I'm so sorry my dear friend :( I hope that it all works out soon...We all need atleast one Christmas we can look back on and laugh along side our family!

Love to you and yours!

Merry Christmas!!!

Erin said...

Bless your heart. You are in our prayers. I really hope you have or had a great Christmas!