Tuesday, January 19, 2010

simeon sayings

The new prayer : "Dear Father and Kevin....." (I think I missed that lesson in Sunday School.)

"I ate my tongue!" (said while crying. He bit his tongue")

He comes up with some funny stuff. He has been calling people "Bob" and thinks it is pretty funny. He also has quite the temper and a flare for name calling. He will point and yell out, "FAKER!" when he is angry. Today he was getting in trouble for drawing on the wall (I was chastising him in the middle of his playing with Glory) and he told me to go in the other room. I am REALLY seeing a difference in boys and girls now. Simeon is all about bodily functions and body parts. The other day, he was talking to his "slug" and in the grocery store today, he turned to me and said, "Mom, I'm peeing.....psssssss." Nice! And then later he ran in to my room with a grin and said, "Mom, look at me!" with his diaper pulled down below his bum. Again....Nice! And then he has those moments when he is so tender and caring. Like today when he noticed Genesis crying, he said, "Are you ok?" while rubbing on her arm and head. And then he tried being funny so she would cheer up. What a sweet little man!

On a side note.....he sometimes goes pee in the potty! I think he remembers after he goes in his diaper, but it's a start, right? Glory and the girls helped him. I really didn't want to potty train again, so I didn't really encourage him at all. Good job girls! If I wait long enough, I won't have to do anything, right?! (sigh) potty training sucks!

Sorry no pictures.....I am too lazy. Things just aren't as convenient when you're not in your own house. At least I updated the background and music. One step at a time, right?! Maybe someday I will even update our family picture at the top! :0)

2 comments:

April Bishop said...

Potty training is the pits... Not the worst thing ever to have his sisters do it... Father and Kevin? Nice. I love what kids hear.

Christy said...

Oh my goodness, I am laughing at the "Dear Father and Kevin". That is too funny!