It is finally December!
A few things that mean Christmas to me.....
Bing Crosby (mom listened to it faithfully every Christmas..maybe because it was the only Christmas album we had or she just liked it. Either way it is Christmas to me)
Oranges (we always got one in the toe of our stocking)
Ribbon Candy (fond memories of picking the stocking lint from each piece and eating it:0) )
Shopping (thinking, searching and getting just the right gift for that special someone)
Snow (ok, I know it rarely snows on Christmas here, but I was always hopeful...and there have been a few White Christmases in my lifetime)
Cozy woodstove (yummy cinnamon-orange simmering ontop and warming my buns with or without a book)
Decorating the tree (getting all the decorations out and reminiscing...I still have one from when I was little and it still smells like Christmas)
Pine needles (we always got a real tree and the pine needles were endless)
sugar cookies (decorating and eating of course)
Countdown calendar (we loved getting the ornaments out of the pockets and arranging them on the tree)
Nativity Scenes (we had so many, it was fun to unwrap them carefully and place them around the house)
I think I could probably go on for days. I love this time of year! I am grateful to my mom for making those traditions important and passing on her love of Christmas to me. I hope I am doing the same for my kids! Thanks MOM....I love you!
Genesis and Brooklyn got to help cut it down this year.





1 comments:
Ditto, Debbie! I agree that Mom did a great job passing those traditions along.
Post a Comment