Monday, May 17, 2010

weekday love and house update

Here are some more pictures of the progress we have made on the house.


kitchen gutted


laundry room gutted


laundry room with new back door

new back door and siding

sheetrock in laundry room
repairing sheetrock in kitchen
the mess after we scraped off the popcorn ceiling
front room, newly textured and painted walls, starting to lay floor
kitchen (notice the brand new lights....Yeah!!)
new floor being laid in dining room
new floor in kitchen, new cabinets and appliances being configured
This is a conversation Sim and I had at the dinner table the other day.
S: On Thursday, I like Daddy.
Me: Really? What about Wednesday?
S: I like you and Daddy.
Me: What about Tuesday?
S: I like Rob and Colleen and Matt (friends of ours) and Genesis, Brooklyn, and Glory
Me: What about Monday?
S: I like Matt first.
So apparently, everyone has an assigned day for Simeon's love. Except Matt Smith gets two days........lucky!
Did you know that boys have an extra challenge when they are learning to pull up their underwear on their own? (this is what I hear almost every time Simeon goes potty by himself....."Mom! My penis!" He gets his underwear twisted and it falls out the leg hole. I laugh every time!)
Did you know that Simeon almost got his head chopped off twice, when we were configuring cabinet formations? ( OK, not really, but he was playing in a cabinet that was laying on its side and the door fell on his head. Then he was playing in the dishwasher and it tipped and landed on his head. Poor baby!!)
Did you know that Genesis overextended her knee and it has been bothering her for a week? ( It doesn't help the healing process, when she plays hard outside on the trampoline!
Did you know that I don't think I've gotten a full nights rest since we started fixing up the house?
OK, either I am really retarded or this posting program is messed up. It's not doing what I want it to do!!! ARGH!!!

2 comments:

Christy said...

You are making some nice progress. I love the floor you chose, it is gorgeous!

Cynthia said...

Looking good!
I bet you can't wait for it to all be done :)