So Simeon has been wearing (clean/dry) underwear for 3 days now. Only one accident when he didn't pull his pants down far enough and they got wet while going in the toilet. Yay!!! So great to have no more diapers! This, by far, has been the best potty training experience in my life! I think I finally learned how to potty train......you'd think it would take less time than 9 years to learn. But alas, I (apparently) am a slow learner. We went from a little boy who couldn't care less about going in the toilet and blatantly refused to go, to a little man who hops around when I am taking too long to help him, saying, "MOM! I'm gonna pee in my pants!" literally overnight. He even stayed dry throuout the night twice in the 3 nights he was in underwear. So, how did I do it, you ask? I waited until I was positive he could do it (he is 3 after all. I mean he's practically an old man now!), and I started telling him several weeks ago (maybe a month or two) every time I changed a diaper, that when we used up the diapers he had to start wearing underwear and going in the toilet. He hated this and always told me no. He even told me a few times that he wanted to be a baby. (I tried the "you-don't-want-to-be-a-baby-and-only-babies-wear-diapers" thing....didn't work for my stubborn child). So, when we used the last of the diapers (I have an unopened package of pull-ups.....anyone want them?) he went to underwear. The first day.....not so great! He went in his underwear every time. I think we went through every pair he has. I threatened time out and made him "pracitce" going in the toilet. Nothing worked. I began to despair and wonder why I even attempted to do this when we have so many other things going on! It brought back a horrible memory of small, sweet Genesis hiding under the table at my in-laws house because she was pooping her pants and me turning into the devil and screaming at her for doing it. Then being totally humiliated that everyone in the house heard my "mother-of-the-year" moment. Potty-training does not bring out the best in me. The second day, we got new treats and that worked like a charm. He got to pick them out and immediately wanted to go in the toilet when we got home and ever since. Thank you Winco for having gummy army men and jet fighters!!
My little man is growing up.....he's a big boy now! (sigh) Hallelujah!!!
Did you know the kids helped remove the old cabinets and flooring? (Genesis is a praying mantis, in case you couldn't tell.)
Did you know I wasn't watching my kids at the store and Simeon fell off some chairs he was playing on and smacked his head on a shopping cart? (Yep....mother of the year...right here!)
Did you know I read NieNie and cry almost every time?
Did you know Brooklyn likes to give massages?








1 comments:
I can't believe you have a potty trained little dude. I know I need to get Noah going but he's that stubborn little boy you mentioned. Send Brooklyn my way! I love NeiNie too.
Post a Comment