best buds!
I love to eavesdrop on little kids' conversations! This is what I heard today:
Simeon: "Gulorwy....." (he's been trying really hard to pronounce it right ever since Glory told him it was "Glory, not Dorwy")
Glory: "Simeon, it's ok if you call me Dorwy. I just was tired of it when I told you, but ...... now I kind of miss it when you call me that."
How sweet is that?! How many of us adults would be that honest in admitting to someone that we like our silly nickname? Or maybe that's just me because I have issues. Anywho......they went on to have a 30 minute conversation about Simeon's birthday. He is very excited. He has already told me what he wants......several times. They were talking about what he was going to get (red Lightening McQueen with white tires); if he was going to need help with opening his presents,because he needed help last year; what kind of cake he was going to have and who he was going to invite. He had a long list. I don't know how to tell him his mom hates throwing parties and he will only get to invite one friend. I didn't even know he wanted anyone there. Are 3 year olds really that opinionated??? They also talked about what he was going to say to his friend Mason when Mason gives him the red Lightening McQueen with white tires. He will say, (imagine a sugar-syrupy sweet little boy voice) "Oh! Thank you, Mason!" Seriously, it was so cute and I can hardly believe he is only 3! If he can articulate this well and plan this much about something that is a month away, why oh why can't he go potty in the toilet?! He also thinks that when he has his birthday, he will "loose a tooth". I have been trying to tell him and get him excited about being a big boy and wearing big boy pants and going potty in the big boy toilet when he has his birthday........this for some reason is not so exciting to him. (sigh) I hope his expectations are met and he has fun.....I guess I should start planning the non-party party now.






3 comments:
so cute! I don't think Noah even understood what his 3rd birthday party was much less planning anything. smart boy. I can't wait until Noah and Asher are able to have conversations. I love the things that kids say.
So SWEET!
Kids are so great. Wanna come play in my craft room one of these days? I'm ready to kick Sam back to Brooke's room and do a major overhaul. Painting, shelves, on and on... Give me a call. :)
Post a Comment