We are less one tooth in this family. Glory finally lost her first tooth. She was the last one in her class and was so excited to finally make it on the chart. (her class has a lost tooth chart) On her way to getting a bag for her tooth so she wouldn't lose it, she lost it. She was devastated! I asked Genesis to help her find it and soon I hear the crying stop. A few minutes later, Glory bursts in the room and asks me when her birthday is. Random, but ok. Then later I find out that Genesis-lovely, helpful Genesis-decided to help Glory write a note to the tooth fairy explaining how she lost her tooth. So they put the note under her pillow instead of the tooth. Crisis averted. Only, we don't do the tooth fairy at our house. The older girls know it is me. But it was so cute and she was so excited, I gave in and played along (Against my better judgement). So I asked Glory if I could see her note. She told me it was a secret. So thankfully I remembered that night to go put money under her pillow (the "tooth fairy" is always late and very forgetful at our house.) Anyway, in the note Glory invited the tooth fairy to her birthday. Great!!! So again against my better judgement, I wrote a note back, but I couldn't bring myself to sign "the tooth fairy", so i just signed it "Me". How pathetic is that? The excitement she had in the morning made it worth it, until she wanted to write the tooth fairy another letter. Just Great!! And then I overheard her say, " I didn't believe in the tooth fairy, but now I do!" Even Greater!! What have I done? Kids are so much work!
Jane 23
5 months ago






1 comments:
Coming from a believer in all fairies... I think it's sweet. It is a switch for your people though... What do the other girls think? Do they like being "in the know"?
Post a Comment