Friday, August 14, 2009

boys will be boys....


Simeon and I were watching a movie the other day and he started crying really hard, like he was really frustrated. I looked over and he had his finger up his nose digging around, then pulled it out and cried in pain and frustration. He did this several times and I couldn't figure out what the problem was. I looked up his nose and saw a bouger way up there. So I thought, "he's got a really crunchy bouger he can't get out and it's bugging him". I tried to help, but I couldn't figure out why he wasn't letting me even touch his nose. At the same time, I was on the phone with Matt and when I told him what was going on, he immediately asked, "does he have something stuck up there?" I thought, "what would he have gotten up there....he was watching a movie". He was finally able to blow it out enough to grab it and he pulled it out. I was amazed to see the "bouger" I saw was actually a small, pointy rock. What in the world????!!!! Why would anyone want to stick a rock up their nose? Obviously it is a boy thing, since Matt knew right away what had happened and I floundered around trying to figure out what was wrong. Poor guy!! No wonder he didn't want me touching his nose. OUCH!! So...boys will be boys......

1 comments:

Shauntel said...

A rock's gotta hurt. Jason actually TAUGHT Isaac to put things in his nose can you believe it!...and then blow them out, but still! All my hard work during the day VANISHES as soon as Daddy gets home from work!