Friday, August 14, 2009

roofing

We finally got the roof done! It took way longer than we expected (like 4 days) and it was way too hot (high 80's) and we spent way more than we wanted or planned, but it's done. We were really busy, what with all the roofing going on, and I only took a few pictures the first day. A ginormously huge thank you to Tom Bishop, who was there every day except the last because he was going on vacation, and he even took time off work to help us! Thank you, thank you Tom!! Thanks to Dad for giving us a bunch of shingles. Thanks to Bryan Fleming, Brian Walter, Rob Smith, Rick Smith, Corwin Hudson, and Jason Harris who also helped the other days! We couldn't have done it without you guys! And thank you to all the wives who loaned their husbands! No more leaks in the kitchen...YEAH!!

Simeon kept yelling to the girls to "GET DOWN"!

2 comments:

Erin said...

I heard you helped a lot with that roof too. So, thanks to you !!! You are a great lady. Matt was telling me all the things you can do and that you have to do sometimes because he is gone. You are a handy lady. I don't know why I didn't see that post about simeon and the rock. poor baby. I haven't had anything happen like that yet but i'm waiting for the day. Boys WILL be boys! love you guys and miss you. Glad you roof is done.

April Bishop said...

No leaks is always a good thing! I'm glad they could all help out and get your roof done. Can you believe summer is almost over?