Tuesday, September 1, 2009

polite tantrums


So I have noticed that Simeon is a polite tantrum thrower. He starts to throw a tantrum.....say because I told him to do something....so he starts to yell and scream, then abruptly stops and calmly says, "No, I tant.....sorry, mom." And keeps repeating as if I will realize he is being ultra polite and will soon give in. I tell you it is hard to resist that boy sometimes! The other day, I was leaving and he wanted to go with me and I told him he had to stay at home. He got very upset and started to cry and then stopped and calmly said (but still in a teary voice), "No, you stay here, mom. Sorry. You stay here." He is so polite! And way cute, I must say. His favorite thing lately is to say, "I can do it, mom." I can no longer put him in his carseat or carry him into the store. He can do it. I know he can, I just like to baby my baby.....sometimes. He is growing up too fast!

3 comments:

Erin said...

oh, he's so sweet. I wish my little boy said things like that:) also, sometimes i leave my computer on your blog just to listen to your music. you have good taste.

WASHINGTON PUCKETTS: said...

Thanks....your mom was shocked at some of my choices. :0)

Anonymous said...

Hey now...it was just the titles of songs and the artists' names. I am not aware of the lyrics....they could be loving and kind. But I am old and can't keep up with all the new music, you know... But I am sure of the love I have for you and all the Washington Pucketts. My heart is sealed to yours!!!!