We went hiking, then to a BBQ a friend was having. The dirt pile was a big hit with all the kids.
On the trail at Tiger Summit.

Matt Smith with the girls on a fallen log.
I guess this is the age of bunny ears. (Click on the picture for a larger image to see the 3 pairs of bunny ears.)

we went with Colleen and Matt Smith
This was Glory's and Simeon's first experience of hiking. Simeon loved it. When we turned around to head back home, he kept trying to run back up the trail. He was mad at me when I finally picked him up and carried him the rest of the way to the car. Glory had a little bit different experience. The whole time she just wanted to have our picnic. When we first arrived and got out of the car, we stopped at the bathrooms so everyone could go potty before we started hiking. She asked if that was where we were eating. She was hungry. Then all the way up the trail she would ask the same things, "When are we going to eat? Are we almost to the eating spot?" I told her she could eat the snacks I packed in her backpack, and that gave us a rest from the questions for a while. (Simeon loved the eating part too. Especially the M&Ms in the trail mix.) On the way back down the trail Glory said she liked it. It was fun, except for the boring parts. I asked her what the boring parts were. She responded with, "all the walking". So, curious as to what else there was to hiking that she could have enjoyed, I asked what the fun part was. Her reply was so typical of Glory. "The eating." That's our Glory!
After the hike we went straight to the BBQ. There was a large pile of dirt that Simeon totally loved. He divided his time between the dirt pile and the picnic table. I should have taken a picture of him when we left. He was covered in dirt, chocolate, juice, cheese from the chips, frosting, cookie crumbs, and who knows what else. He had a blast. The girls also had fun. Brooklyn and Genesis were bathing in the dirt. They had an empty water bottle filled with dirt and were tossing it on themselves like they were washing. Needless to say everyone had baths when we got home.





1 comments:
Sounds like you had fun! Sorry we couldn't go with you, we were camping. We need to get together soon! Love ya!
Post a Comment