Tuesday, October 14, 2008

brooklyn's baptism

Brooklyn was baptised on Saturday. She was so excited. Her friend Mya was baptized the same day. Here are the before and afters. (sorry I reversed them. the one on the bottom is the before and the one on top is the after.) After she came up out of the water, I turned to get her towel and when I turned back to her, her face was all radiant and joyful and she said, " I got baptized!" It was freezing in the church, but besides that it was a good day. She was so excited to wear her new baptism dress that her grandma made especially for her. We are so proud of her. When I asked her if she wanted to be baptized, she looked at me with incredulity in her face and said, "of course I do". As if it were lunacy to think otherwise. She is such a happy and loving kid. On Sunday, she got to sit up on the stand with the bishopric. She said at first she was scared, but then it was fun. I think she enjoyed all of the attention. It is rare that she gets any, being between two very opinionated and high-maintenance sisters. She loved her new scriptures and case and her picture. The bishopric also gave her a picture of Christ in a nice frame. That was pretty neat too. All in all it was a good day for the Puckett clan.




1 comments:

Christy said...

Congratulations Brooklyn! We were sorry we were out of town on her special day.