Wednesday, December 24, 2008

overwhelmed

I feel so overwhelmed and very loved. Yesterday, we received a knock at the door and when I opened the door there were presents on the steps. Wow. At first, I thought how we are really not destitute, I'm sure there are others out there that need these gifts more than we do. The kids were totally excited. Then a couple of hours later we received another knock. Door opened, and more gifts and this time food and money also--a lot of money. All of it greatly appreciated, but again I felt as if we didn't need all of this-it was too much. There are many, many more out there in greater need than us. It brought tears to my eyes. Matt has to work twice as hard and long for the same amount of money. He so needs a break and can take one in confidence now. We might even get a much needed...uh....um...what's that word again? Oh yeah, date. And since then, we have received two more knocks with more gifts, more money, and even some food. Our tree is small, but is dwarfed even more by the abundance of gifts. It looks a little ridiculous. The kids are totally excited and just can't wait. They are puzzled as to who is giving us all of this. So anyway, I just wanted to share our humbling experience and say thank you, whoever you are. It is nice to feel loved and thought about. One day, I hope to do the same thing for someone else. It is also nice to see so much for the kids. As a mom, it is challenging at times to have to tell them no all of the time for things they want. I am sure they get tired of having to spend money only on things I want (i.e. groceries). Not that I would want to spoil them and give them all they want, but every now and again it is nice to splurge and get something just for fun. Matt was teasing me when I gave him my list (he stresses out when it comes time for gift-giving.) He told me my list was pathetic. I was a little offended. We were on a budget and I was thinking of needful things and useful things. I guess he wanted to see more "fun" things. Anyway, I think I am rambling. I just want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart to those Christmas angels out there. We really appreciate it!!! Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Christy said...

Wow! Look at all those presents. That is so cool! Enjoy your Christmas.

April Bishop said...

I hope your Christmas was wonderful. It was fun to come and carol at your door. See you soon.