Sunday, December 14, 2008

We actually got a real tree this year!!! Yeah!!! In my opinion it is not really Christmas without a real Christmas tree. I love trees. So we went out to a local tree farm and cut our own. I tried to decorate it by myself--the way I want it--but the kids gave me their puppy dog eyes and cute pouty faces and I relented. It actually turned out nice. I guess they can start helping me. They are older. We didn't have nearly as many clumps of ornaments on the tree. They did well. As you can see Glory doesn't care about being cold, she will still wear a summer dress to cut our tree down. I did make her wear sneakers though. And then Genesis is on the opposite side of the spectrum. She hates being cold and bundles up in several layers. We had fun and I am glad we got a real one this year. You probably can't tell but the windows are decorated with homemade snowflakes. We make them often in the winter and end up with many around the house. I love this time of year. It is my favorite. I love the coziness of snow outside and Christmas lights and hot chocolate. I even love Christmas shopping(when I have money) and wrapping the presents. I love all of the inspirational stories and songs. I love the anticipation and the goodwill. I just love it all!! Merry Christmas!!



3 comments:

Christy said...

Looks like you guys had a fun time picking out a tree. I LOVE your new family photo!! Love you new blog background too.

April Bishop said...

Isn't a real tree the best? We got one this year (first ever for the girls) too and it smells so nice! Great family picture! You look amazing! We need to get together soon. Alix has been saying she wants to play at Glory's. Talk to you soon.

Shauntel said...

Love it! Love it! Love it!
I love your family picture (what a hottie you are!!)! Love the new blog look! Love you!! Merry Christmas!!