Tuesday, April 20, 2010

ears


We have been dealing with ear problems for YEARS now. Genesis had her first ear infection when she was 2 and it has been an up hill battle ever since, with ear drum ruptures galore and hearing problems. She has had tubes in her ears several times and the last time her eardrum was so bad, they had to put a special tube in that was shaped funny. She has had every antibiotic known to man. She had her tonsils and adenoids (whatever those are) removed. She's had allergy testing and takes 2 kinds of allergy meds now.

Doctor's appointment yesterday......

The nurse giving the tympanogram(?) test had to redo it several times. I thought, "Oh great! Here we go again!" Then they took Genesis in one last time to do it again. Ugghh!! Then the doctor came in and looked at the results and looked in Genesis's ears and asked a few questions and then the most wonderful words ever heard in a doctor's office were spoken.......

"I don't need to see you again, unless there is a problem."

I heard heavenly choirs singing and "hallelujah's" at this moment!! Oh joy of joys!
Now if I can just remember to keep up with her allergy meds, so we don't have problems.....


Did you know that we have a sleepwalker? Her name begins with "G".
Did you know that I won free pies from Shari's for a year? I have 8 months left.
Did you know that we found a frog and the girls were excited, but Simeon was wary?

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

HOORAY for happy ears and an even bigger HOORAY for FREE PIES!!!

YUMMO!!!

April Bishop said...

Great news on both the ears and the pie!