Saturday, April 10, 2010

spa night

........more like salon night, but we started calling it "spa night" and it has stuck. We (the girls and I) take a night and put makeup on each other and do our hair and nails. They love it!! We do before and after pictures. I let the girls put makeup on me and do my hair. They are getting good at the makeup thing. I figured I should start teaching them early so they don't end up looking like a clown when they become "of age". They will know how to enhance their natural beauty. Have you ever seen someone without their makeup on and not recognized them because they looked so different? I don't want that, so we are training early. Plus it's fun for them and therapeutic for me, since I have an abhorrence of being a "typical girl".



I tried to get Glory to smile for real, instead of a fake "picture smile". This was the result.


Genesis did Brooklyn's hair and makeup. They were so excited to use a curling iron.

Genesis's stylist was Brooklyn.
They all got to pick their colors. Sometimes I think they have an idea of what is "pretty" and look past the colors that go well with their complexion and coloring. But that's why we are doing these little spa nights. Well.....one of the reasons. That and they think I'm the best mom EVER!

2 comments:

Erin said...

that is the cutest idea ever. At this point I don't know if I'll ever be able to do it with boys and all. I love the before and after pictures. That's always my favorite part. BUT...where are yours? I wanna see how well they did on you. :) Also, I would take being called a boy over being asked "when are you due?" when I'm not pregnant any day :) At least yours was a kid :) I'm learning lately not to let what other people say affect me too much. or maybe what I think they are thinking. ??? anyway, love you guys and miss you tons. Beautiful girls!

Cynthia said...

We love having spa night at the Perrys too! Although we are still looking a bit like clowns when we are finished :) LOL!

You are such a fun Mom!!!