Glory is usually so forgiving. Today we had a stealing issue. Something was stolen out of Glory's room by another sibling. We had lots of tears and heartache. Glory was so upset, but I talked to the sibling about apologizing and immediately Glory said, "She can't apologize." Of course, the sibling (emotional as she is) bursts into tears and runs to her room. Glory meant to say, "She doesn't have to apologize". So Glory went to tell her sister this and was not allowed in the room. More tears from Glory. Finally, finally we got it all straightened out. Whew! All of the emotion and tears, isn't it a little early for this? I am so very scared for the things to come. Then the sister asks with tears in her eyes and a catch in her throat, "Can I ask God to forgive me?" Ooooohhhh! It was heart wrenching for me to hear and see her. She felt terrible. It was a great teaching moment though. Then she comes back and says, "Mom, something weird happened. When I gave this back(the gum that was stolen), Glory just gave it back to me. And when I said my prayers, I didn't feel like crying anymore." These are the moments I treasure. When I know that all of my hard work is paying off (at least a little) and I know that worrying about my bad example is probably unnecessary. So they hugged several times and played wonderfully the rest of the evening. Glory doesn't usually hold any kind of grudge. I am so glad she is able to move on from the sadness and frustrations of her days and end it well. We have this tradition I started, where we each say what our best and worst parts of our day were during dinner. Glory says every time, without fail, that she had no worst parts and everything about her day was the best. She is definitely sweet. I like to find out about their day, so I usually make her pick one thing to tell us about. A lot of times she will say stuff like not playing with her sister at recess as the worst or seeing her sister at recess as the best. She really loves her sisters!
Glow Stick Baby
3 days ago





1 comments:
I think I might be happy that I have 4 boys and only 1 girl.
Post a Comment