Sunday, January 4, 2009

using charm for profit


Today at church, we were in the foyer and there was a high priest group in the room near us. An old man walked by and Sim waved at him. He stopped and talked to Simeon then asked us if Simeon could have a snack. We said yes and he pulled out a package of fruit snacks and gave it to Simeon. The vultures we call Genesis, Brooklyn, and Glory immediately came over and wanted him to share. We didn't make him share and told the girls that he earned it by waving at the guy. Later, we noticed Brooklyn waving at everyone that walked past. Then when the high priest class let out, all of these old men came out of the class and a different man stopped to talk to Simeon and Simeon said, "Snack?" Then he repeated it to every man that came out of the class. "Snack?" "Snack?" He's no fool. Matt and I laughed pretty hard. So the lesson is---charm and cuteness will get you anything, especially fruit snacks. It probably helps that he is not quite 2. I'm sure I would not get the same results. Shoot! I guess that is just one of the downsides to getting older. :0)

1 comments:

Erin said...

That kid is pretty cute. I'd give him a snack. Looks like you guys had a good Christmas. Glad to see it. Those kids are just growing up. I can't believe it. Kiss all of 'em for me. love you guys and miss you.
-Erin