Simeon picked up a book that had a motorcycle on the cover and he was talking to me about it. I was saying, "Look, Simeon! A motorcycle. Vroom, vroom." He then pointed to the motorcycle and made the appropriate noise of a motorcycle and said, "Tay, Mom?" He was teaching me the correct noise a motorcycle makes. Apparently they do not go, vroom-vroom. He was very serious about this. I will have to practice so he can be proud of me. Or maybe I will continue to do it wrong because it is so cute to hear him correct me. My sister-in-law told me that with your last kid, everything is cute. Even when they draw on the walls. At the time I thought she was a little crazy. I have since come to understand what she means. He truly is adorable and gets away with way more than any of the other kids. I am not sure if it is because there are more kids so it just isn't worth it anymore or if he is our last one so we don't take anything for granted anymore. Who knows, but he is cute!
On another note, we've been having lots of rain. School was cancelled today because the Orting schools are in a major flood zone. I think they are evacuating quite a few neighborhoods in Orting and school is cancelled tomorrow. The girls are excited for extra breaks, but I think they will not be so glad in the summer when they have days to make up. Actually Glory said her favorite place to go is school. I hope it continues to be a joy for her when she is older.
This is a picture of our neighbors backyard. That water should be grass. She said it is touching their house. Hopefully it will not flood more and go into their house, but I took the picture after they had been pumping it into a ditch for about 2 or 3 hours. I am so grateful we are not experiencing that today.
Glow Stick Baby
3 days ago





2 comments:
All this rain is crazy. Brooke doesn't have school tomorrow either and I think we might go driving around to see what's going on. Aren't you glad we live on a big hill?
Hey! I saw your comment on my blog and I found yours. Your little family is sooo cute! I'm glad I get to keep in touch with you now.
Post a Comment