Wednesday, March 11, 2009

what a gentleman!


Today I found out my wonderful, adorable son is such a polite gentleman. I had an exercise class today and I brought a bunch of toys for all of the kids to play with. At the end, we gathered up all of the toys in my big laundry basket and headed out the door. Simeon was in front of me and he pushed open the big heavy door, then turned around to let it close and noticed me right behind him with my arms loaded and he immediately grabbed the door and tried to hold it open for me. Of course it is challenging to hold open those big heavy church doors when you weigh only 25 pounds or so, but he did it and it just melted my heart! I didn't even say anything to him about helping me. I was fully expecting to hold the door for myself and go out backwards as usual, but my sweet, sweet boy helped me. (Would anyone like to borrow him to teach a few lessons to your husbands? ) :0) Every day that boy just amazes me. Earlier during the exercise class, another little kid took a toy away and he was upset. He started to take it back, but I chastised him (not knowing he had it first) and he told me, "first, mom." I told him to let her have a turn since it was her toy anyway, and he just kept repeating, "first." He just looked and looked at me and the other kid and the toy like he just couldn't believe the injustice of it all. But he never tried to hit her or yell and scream. What a big boy he is and so articulate for an almost 2 year old. A few minutes later she dropped it and he got it back. (all's fair in toddler toy taking)

2 comments:

Erin said...

what a good boy. He's so cute too. Doesn't get any better then that. I hope someday we can come visit so I can meet that little guy. :)

Anonymous said...

Hearing those sweet stories about Simeon remind me of his father at that age. Too precious!! We are looking forward to our visit with you guys.